Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) is an evergreen plant native to southeast Asia that provides a wide variety of effects and benefits. Mitragyna leaves have been grown and harvested for centuries … long before online shopping was possible!
The majority of kratom is sold in dried, powdered form. Kratom powder has an earthy taste that may take some getting used to. Many Happy Hippo customers like to add kratom powder to fruit juice or water and drink it like tea. Kratom can also be enjoyed in the form of capsules, liquid extracts, and even candy!
There are many varieties of kratom, each with its own effects profile. Some varieties are favored for relaxation, while others are believed to boost energy. It's important to note that the effects of kratom vary from person to person. However, generally speaking, reports suggest that certain varieties of kratom tend to resonate similarly for many different people.
Here at Happy Hippo, we make it easy for you to shop these kratom varieties by category. The three major categories we use are: Color, Strain, and Speed.
Color refers to the color of vein of the leaf on a particular kratom plant. Vein color can change based on the leaf's age and method of harvest. To learn more, check out the Happy Hippo blog.
Happy Hippo kratom comes in four color varieties:
Strain refers to the unique chemical / alkaloid profile of a particular kratom plant.
Many strains are named after the geographical origin of the kratom plant - a.k.a. where in the world the plant was grown. Others are named after the kratom plant's non-geographical characteristics, such as potency or leaf shape. for example, potency (Maeng Da) or leaf shape (Horn).
Examples of Happy Hippo kratom strains include:
- Malay (grown in Malaysia)
- Thai (grown in Thailand)
- Viet (grown in Vietnam)
- Bali (grown on the island of Bali, Indonesia)
- Borneo (grown on the island of Borneo, Indonesia)
- Sumatra (grown on the island of Sumatra, Indonesia)
- Hulu (grown on the banks of the Kapuas River in Borneo, Indonesia)
- Sunda (grown throughout the Greater and Lesser Sunda Islands)
- Maeng Da (named for its potency)
- Horn (named for its horn-shaped leaves)
Speed describes the type of effects most commonly reported by kratom consumers.
KEEP IN MIND: Everyone is unique and experiences kratom differently. These effect categories are generalizations, not guarantees. Your results may vary.
- Fast (energizing)
- Moderate (balancing)
- Slow (relaxing)
Want to dig deeper? Check out these articles (and more!) on the Happy Hippo Blog:
- A Quick Start Guide to Kratom
- What is Kratom? A Beginner's Guide to Kratom
- Buying Kratom: A Beginner's Guide to Finding Your Best Kratom Strain
- What is Kratom Good For?
- Type of Kratom and Their Effects
- Kratom Strains – Your Ultimate Guide
- Your Ultimate Guide to Kratom Powder – Strains, Products, Effects and More
- Your Ultimate Guide to Kratom Extract
- Kratom Extract: Everything About Liquid Kratom Energy Shots
- How to Optimize the Effects of Kratom
- Is Kratom Safe to Use?
- How to Find the Best Kratom Products
We hope you found this article helpful.
If you have more questions or need guidance, please check out the other articles in the Help Center or send a message to email@example.com.